Here's some mostly raptors I've acquired since the raptor repaints I finished last December. And some plans I have involving them and paintbrushes.
Two newer JW raptors and two of the original Kenner JP1 raptors. I have no intention of painting the latter, but I wanted to have a couple of them since I never got to as a kid. They're still really cute, and scale up pretty well with the new figures. And I'm glad I could find the brown Legacy raptor from the set of like six figures by herself on ebay now, as the whole set would have cost an arm and a leg and the only figure from it I actually wanted was that raptor.
Some smaller ones. The rex is an older CollectA figure I ran into at a flea market, and she looked so lonely and kind of in serious need of a dentist. I usually don't buy toys at flea markets, because I feel like I'm taking them away from a kid who could have bought them and I sure appreciated having access to nice but cheap ones when I was tiny and wanted toys to play with, but I thought this rex could use someone fixing the sloppy paint job around her mouth, especially since the mouth is kind of the attention-grabber in the figure.
The Stygimoloch, Mosasaurus, Indoraptor, and Blue are Takara Tomy JW figures. They're about the size of the regular JW mini figures.
They're very detailed and pretty, but the raptors' stripes are kind of just lines, so I think I'll still mess with them some.
Also, posed to work as a pencil stand! The other ones are meant to help hold various stuff one might have on their desk, too, but this one's my favorite. Look at that tiny but strong raptor, so helpful!
The base is removable and the figure can stand without it, but I might keep it anyway.
The orange raptor with Attack Pack Blue's sculpt (with not quite as bad balance issues) is probably going to get darker stripes on him to make him look like the tigerstriped TLW raptors. I think I could turn him into one of the boys from my raptor fic, provided I can pick which one.
I'll also repaint his eyes regardless of what eye colour he ends up having, since they're kind of wonky and one has had some paint flake off. Too bad, as keeping the eyes as they are could have helped me choose - only one of the tigerstriped males in the fic has yellow eyes. lol oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment