Thursday, January 5, 2023

Merciless beasts, and also dinosaurs

I got a contract to sell an Acrocanthosaurus, which I'd never made before, and when I got around to incubating her, I'd forgotten that the edits I'd made to the genome with that goal in mind didn't include any comfort genes, and decided to keep her for a while after all. And so I ended up with a dino I needed to quickly tranquilize for every storm before her comfort drained, or she'd start headbutting fences I didn't have room to build extra layers of around her enclosure. It was worth it, though, because her presence brought in so much guest money, and I finally sold her when she got old.

How I found out I'd forgotten about the comfort genes, lol. Nice of the delicious humans to line up and run to her.

The Acro patterns are really pretty! Especially vivid, jungle, and wetland. (The other Acro I made with the aforementioned guest money did have the necessary comfort genes, and just sat there wondering why some loud flying thing shows up to chase her friend around every time the weather gets a little windy.)

The Ceratrollsaurus next door are not as impressed by the Acros' beauty, and simply fart in their general direction.

I hadn't taken a closer look at the buildings damaged by storms before. This restaurant has suffered such a small amount of damage I don't get an alert about it, and only notice when I have a ranger team selected because doing those minor repairs shows up as a potential task. There's a fire in there! That's not worth an alert?

97 guests are still eating and bothering the poor lone staff member at this fast food restaurant that has smoke and flames coming off a hole in the roof. Actually, that does sound pretty realistic for a customer service job.

No comments: