Wednesday, March 15, 2023

A little rest for a nest

Screenshots from the SouthWest Florida Bald Eagle nestcam. No fresh prey views and no drama this time.

Eaglets E22 (left) and E21 perching at the nest rails, as they often do at this age. Both decided to perch at the same spot, and have some amicable beaking to alleviate any tension that might cause.

Dad M15 watching over his babies.
More eaglet beaking in the evening. No squabble, only cuddle.
The family has an overnight guest, it turns out. An adult female intruder flies to the nest tree, and settles to perch next to M15 (he's on the left and closer to camera). I don't know if this intruder is one we've seen before, but M seems fine with her staying. No beaking, though; let's start with trusting to be near each other without violence for a proper first(?) date.

Both tucked in at their roost, eaglets tucked in at the nest. Sleep well.

3 comments:

SangheiliosThel said...

Awww. They're adorable, thanks for sharing, I really needed the pick me up.

Kosmonauttihai said...

Thank you for commenting. Glad I could help, and I hope things get better for you.

SangheiliosThel said...

Thanks, I hope so too