Thursday, May 25, 2023

Bring on the brushes!

Hey, remember when I said I might finish sculpting my newest Skyefigure by my birthday? That was funny.

I have finished sculpting her now, though! Here she is with Tumult, both still a work in progress and transitioning from sculpting projects to painting projects together.

Both already have some paint on them here. Tumult has a partial first coat of white mixed with a bit of raw sienna, just to cover up the epoxy putty on her sides and the darker markings where I want her base colour instead. Skye has much of the back of her neck already painted, as it was easier to alternate painting feathers and adding new ones there than it would have been to try to fit a brush between the feathers afterwards. Some of her cheek fluff is also painted, the rest of her that's colourful is just made with polymer clay that's already mixed to be that colour.

I'll eventually compile into a couple of posts my ramblings and WIP photos about sculpting Skye that I've posted to my Patreon over the past almost 6 months, and about making figures of Tempest and Cloudburst, too. Hopefully I'll get to show off finished versions of these ladies and their little terrors soon.

The tag for all the posts relevant to this figure set is
"stormraptorfamily figure WIPs".

The tag "Skyefigure WIPs" that I already had is about sculpting the figure of juvenile Skye three years ago. She's all grown up now, so this new figure is an adult version of her, accompanied by her wife and kids.

No comments: