Screenshots from my newest Jurassic World Evolution sandbox park. Since raptors are obviously my faves, I figured why not just make a park with nothing but those. I'm building it with the idea of it being a research facility (we'll consider guests to be staff out of uniform), but the buildings matter less than the enclosures and what's in them.
In this big paddock, I've gathered all the raptor hybrids. Yes,
Indominus rex is a raptor. Dinofights are off, so animals in the same classification get along fine, as demonstrated by this shared meal soon after they moved in.
Aww, she left some for the smaller Indo, too. :)
I have one Indominus, called Princess, and a pair of Indoraptors, though coincidentally only one of them shows up in these screenshots (the one successfully avoiding the camera has the vivid skin). I seem to like giving my Indoraptors space-themed names, my campaign park's having been Galaxy, Quasar, and Pulsar, so I named these two Tallon and Zebes after planets from the Metroid games.
We also have three
Spinoraptors! I wasn't sure how they'd feel about cohabiting with the Indos, since they're classified as piscivores, and before incubating them I found conflicting information on whether that's large or medium, and whether that makes much difference. But turns out everyone's fine with each other.
Big greeting.
Smaller one right back at you.
I think she's got you out-yawned, Tallon.
Also I just now noticed that the
Spinoraptors hop on top of the fish feeder to eat instead of standing next to it, because they're smaller than the other spinosaurids, and also because they're raptors. It's so cute!
Catch of the day!
In another enclosure, a Deinonychus frolicking in a field of flowers.
Had some fun with the transport marker flares, those things make for dramatic backgrounds for the Deinos already waiting for their friends at the paddock, especially at night.
For Therizinosaurus, too.
They may not be deinonychosaurs, but they're maniraptorans, so close enough.
Our
Velociraptors are of the scalier variation, but I plan to later have feathered ones, too, since the feathered replacement of the basegame skins can be used alongside added scaly cosmetics.
Shiny eyes aesthetic.
Pack having a sunset swim.
Mods featured:
2 comments:
Haven't checked here in a while so I only just saw this but it's adorable.
Also gonna quickly comment that JWE should allow Indominus/Indominus and Indoraptor/Velociraptor cohabitation even with fights on IMO. The assumption that any interactions between the species would go in the same way the two atypical circumstance meetups between said individuals in JW and JWFK went is patently absurd. Especially since its implied in JWE that you don't abuse the animals when you raise them. Plus the I-Rex's two biggest genetic donors both cohabitate with other individuals of their own species.
Thank you so much! And sorry for the late reply, just now saw this.
I agree, real animal behavior is a lot more varied than certain species meeting each other/conspecifics always ending in a fight, and it would make sense for the species involved here to be social. Spinoraptors actually are. I think the game assumes at least some questionable ethics in running the park, at least in campaign and challenge, but yeah I should get to be nice to my animals in sandbox, and would like that to be reflected in them not having the behavioral issues of poor socialization.
I don't mind too much that I can only have these dinos in the same enclosure in sandbox (and there's genetic modifications you can use when incubating them that alter the dinos' social needs and at least lets them be housed with conspecifics), housing different species together is always something to be done carefully in real life, too, and the game is clearly somewhat geared towards the player wanting to recreate dino fights and escapes from the movies, as some players do. I just wish there were more customizations available in sandbox, like not having small dinos still be afraid of the larger carnivores when fights are off. Mostly that bothers me because Indoraptor is classified as large carnivore and Velociraptor as small carnivore, so I can't house them together and have both still be comfortable even in sandbox, even though that's among the species combinations I would be the most interested in. lol I've been hoping to find a mod that reclassifies Indoraptor as a small carnivore (it is pretty small compared to the other large dinos, after all), which would at least solve this issue (though also create one with housing Indominus and Indoraptor together, but maybe I could alternate having it installed like I do with the feathered Velociraptors), but so far I haven't had any luck. Maybe I'll have to learn to make it myself.
Post a Comment