Friday, October 6, 2023

JW nestcam?

More screenshots from the raptorpark, which has some new residents! But first a look at the older ones.

Princess hanging out with the Spinoraptors over drinks. I havent mentioned it before, I think, but their names are Selkie, Ariel, and Narwhal (from closest to farthest in the picture).

Tallon makes a splash.

Also some Troodon roamings. I like looking at them just being little critters pitterpattering around.
Some sundappled Velos.
A Deinonychus at sunset.
There are no dinosaurs in this picture, I just find it pretty.
And now to the new raptors on the block! Who is this mysterious birb?
A very rare species of dromaeosaurid, the scientific community hasn't even agreed on a name. But we have a nesting pair of them. If you look closely in the tall grass around them, you might spot...



Babies! They have three. c:

Keeping an eye on their surroundings, they have little ones to protect. Is that stairway a threat to them? Best to inspect.

Chicks eating while parents keep watch.
"Which one of you laughed when my son took a moment to figure out he needs to do a cute little hop onto the platform to reach the food? Do it again and you'll be the reason I learn to open doors."

:)
 
(The parents are the same feathered Velociraptor mod I've been using before, I just switched the model from the "classic" one to the "accurate" one. The babies are Tsaagan, which as a velociraptorine dromaeosaurid has a similar snout shape, and they're also accurate to both species' actual size, so we'll pretend they're adults and juveniles of the same species here. As small carnivores both, they cohabit without problems when fights are off, like the hybrid paddock's residents.)

No comments: