Had some moments of intense inspiration and went through some spectacularly blocky art blocks, but I made a lot of things I'm proud of, in the end. And a lot of sharp claws and teeth even with there being significantly fewer raptors.
I first started using a graphics tablet almost ten years ago now (summer of 2015), and up until then had used mostly traditional media, drawing things outside the computer even when I'd colour them digitally after scanning. After getting a tablet I let traditional media fade to the background as I focused on gitting gud at the new ways of digital arting unlocked by the new tool, but despite the bit of awkwardness of coming back to an old skill after a pause, I really like what I can do with both kinds of media now. It's been interesting to combine those skillsets, and discover that over the years I have indeed learned things relevant to one even while focusing on the other.
I also feel like I've made more original art this year than I have in a while, and that's pretty cool.
Tuesday, December 31, 2024
2024 art summary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Where can I see the full size of Soft Steps and Dreamer? I saw their 3D models, but I want to see the art ^^'
Full version of the picture of Daydreamer is here at my site, Soft steps is for now found only at my Patreon, as she's part of a bigger picture the rest of which is still a WIP.
Post a Comment