Saturday, October 31, 2020

Dino bookcase (bookless dinocase)

I keep mentioning the dinosaur shelf the figures I acquire or make go to, so, want to actually see it? In seasonally spooky lighting.

They scream the year round, but it looks pretty apropriate for the theme now.

Also, happy birthday to Indo! He would probably have hatched around this time of the year going by the timeline, and considering how many classic movie monster references made their way into his screentime, I think it's only fitting if he was born on Halloween, too.

The box Charlie and Victoria came in makes for a nice background, though note the single figure back card covering Dr. Grant. I can excuse one (1) Dilophosaurus, but I draw the line at humans. And LED light chain batteries, which is what the colourful leaves are covering.

This shelf is going to get rearranged once I've finished the latest addition to the pack (hopefully I'll find something neater to replace the packaging plastic at the back, lol, for now it's just something that supports the cardboard skeleton and doesn't cover the picture, which I kept after printing it out to use in the background of their repaint photoshoot). So many raptors, so little space. So many stiff tails on the raptors taking up that space.

The other half of the shelf houses an assortment of miscellaneous theropods and marine animals (one of which is a dinosaur - no, not the Mosa; the cute little penguin eraser in the bottom right corner). A lot of sharks. Not going to even try to make them look scary, media presents them as such enough already. Sharks are friends.

The non-Velociraptor (and non minifigure) feathered raptor gang. Except what's that lurking in the background? A Velociraptor skeleton, which will probably move to the JP raptor shelf later in exchange for the skeleton they have there now. It's kind of hard to see now, anyway, and it's pretty enough it should be seen.

I've decided the Dromaeosaurus and the Dakotaraptor are girlfriends now, to avoid a custody battle over the nestlings who are from the same line as the former but have been hanging out with the latter before I got the Dromaeosaurus. And the Deinonychus has been leaning on the Dakotaraptor the whole time I've had her, so she's their gf, too, since they're so close. :D
I assure you this is a necessary thing to consider in displaying dinosaur figures. What if I need to decide whether to separate them when rearranging the figures? Now I'll know not to.

Speaking of girlfriends, the Dilophosaurus family. Not that there are any straight dinosaurs in this household, to be clear. This is a Hetero-dont-osaurus zone.

No comments: