Friday, September 3, 2021

End of a season

Empty nest #3 at Satakunta osprey cam this morning, with some prettily reflecting raindrops.

It seems migration has started for both of the remaining residents, Ahti and his fledgling Myy. Ahti was last seen on August 31st bringing Myy a fish, and Myy was seen yesterday by herself, but she hasn't shown up today. Safe travels to both, hoping to see Ahti and Nuppu again in the spring, and I hope Myy, and SRS from nest #1, fare well at figuring out life on ther own, on the way to and during their juvenile years in Africa.

Here are some screenshots I took of Ahti and Myy before they left, and of some other birds that have stopped by at both nests.

Myy's dining is interrupted...
...by dad bringing her a fish tail before she's done with the last fish he brought!

Whatever will she do with this dilemma.
Myy ended up finishing the fish she already had, and left the new fishtail, returning later for it.

Myy resting a foot.
Hi, dad.
Bye, dad.
That's also the last screenshot I have of Ahti, I missed his last visit. He has done a great job at keeping his chick fed but encouraging her to find her own food by making fewer and fewer deliveries per day.
Myy warning away an intruder on her own.
And yesterday morning, the last screenshot I have of Myy, too. It's been a joy to watch her grow up.

Yesterday the nest also got a visit from a young male black grouse (Lyrurus tetrix).

And about a week ago nest #1 was visited by a grey heron (Ardea cinerea). All very lovely birds.

1 comment:

FurkiReyizler said...

It's been a joy to watch her grow up.
It's been a joy to watch her grow up indeed.

And of course, thank you for sharing this! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ