Adding another figure to my group of feathered Velociraptors. This one is by a company called Favorite, released in 2013.
And it is indeed (mostly) fully feathered. I wasn't sure from the photos I saw
if the brown areas might be scaly, but looks like they're pennaceous
feathers after all, so that's lovely. No tail fan or primaries, though,
and no feathers on the face, but I love the little pink wattle it's got
at the throat. The figure has a base, but mine didn't fit on it; the
feet are a bit closer together than what would match the pegs on the base. It stands just
fine without a base, though.
It's about the same size as the bigger Safari Velociraptors, one of which has joined the photoshoot for a shared scream, about flight feather-eating mites, perhaps. But the Favorite one has a secret weapon, which is extra flight feathers on the legs! Not so sure Velociraptor actually had those, though some small dromaeosaurids certainly did.
(The seller also included an origami crane in the box, so I got two dinosaurs at the price of one! Thank you!)
Assistant unboxer Masu assessing the sturdy packaging. I'm keeping the pretty back card, for which it's fortunate the bubble plastic wasn't glued to it, instead it's folded over the edges.
Saturday, February 8, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment