Sunday, August 2, 2020

RaptorCon

After the latest addition to my raptor shelf, I thought it would be fun to have a little meet and greet photoshoot for all my raptor figures. It was!

"I guess we're technically the same species as you." "Which one of us three?" "All, somehow."

Dare and Dash meet a Velociraptor, a Deinonychus, and a Dakotaraptor.

Most and least accurate super-articulated raptors, perhaps exchanging tips on dealing with stiff joints.

Sister squad reunion before mingling. I keep including Victoria, as I think of her as the raptorlet Charlie was perhaps incubated as a replacement for. She would never have reached adulthood in that case, but, everyone except Blue in this group would be dead anyway, so let's not think about that too much. Party now, sads and logic some other time.

Tumult and Skye are about the same age, aren't they? Also pictured: Tumult's mom and mom's moms (Meripihka, Survivor, and Squeak, from right to left in the back row).

The last time the girls met they both looked very different. Well, actually less different from each other, but quite different from how they look now. They're both in the second photo of the linked post, where I included the original Skyefigure for scale. How many more raptor OCs can I make based on small Blue figures, I wonder?

"Sure, come on in, you guys are more 'real raptors' than some of the guests of honor are if that's what you're worried about." (Maniraptorans Crane, Caudipteryx, and Beipiaosaurus.)

"Let's do the traditional Velociraptor scream!" ...And then teach each other our respective traditional Velociraptor screams, because turns out there's a lot of variety there.

Little kids' corner. Sunny seems to be starting a wrestling match.
Two different kinds of feathers, and none.
I like to think Indo and Grappleclaws here are complimenting each other's pretty quills and stripes.

Microraptors tell the best jokes.
The kids' corner has become a race around the room. Well, so long as they're having fun and don't run into anything and hurt themselves.

Echo and Elusive, bonding over getting overshadowed by their more spotlight-hogging siblings, probably.

They're having an in-depth discussion about the unethicalness of commercial fossil hunting. Just trust me.

"All in favor of a clever girls' night out?"

No comments: