Monday, December 19, 2022

Theropod lookbook

It's a goth Indominus rex!

Not a moment too soon, considering I just finished herding a pack of Troodons back into their enclosure for the third time within a single storm. :D

(They had the comfort gene and everything, but just as I'd moved all but the last one of them into their enclosure, a storm started, and their comfort level was lowered by missing their friend in addition to the storm.)

Anyway, Proceratosaurus have pretty colours.

Velociraptors, too. A couple of Trespasser raptors roaming around and plotting troublecausings with the new and improved basegame raptors. These two are variations of the alpha raptor and tribe B patterns, respectively. Some of the variations included in the mod aren't really to my tastes - which is strange considering several of those are very pink! I think I'd like those, too, if the colours paired with the pink were different or if the filters applied to the textures to cause the bright pink had been used more carefully to avoid some messy pixelation. But most of the variations are lovely.

I went ahead and had a photoshoot of the ones I like, because why not:

Tribe A pattern A, the canon one.
Tribe A, pattern B. A subtle yellow-gray.
Probably the flashiest of the ones I kept: Tribe A, pattern D. For this one, the pink works.

And Tribe A, pattern F, with more muted orange. Maybe this could work as a female colouring, along with some of the other less bright skins. Or a subadult male!
Pattern A in the background, F in the foreground for comparison.
Tribe B, pattern A. Again the canon design, which I already love.
Tribe B, pattern B. Another win for the grey and yellow team! Not usually my favorite colour combination, but it looks good on raptors, apparently.

Tribe B, pattern D. Yes, this is definitely a girl.
Tribe B, pattern F, with less bright red.
Tribe C, pattern A. This is probably my favorite Velociraptor design in official JP/W media.

Tribe C, pattern B without the orange accents.
Tribe C, pattern F.
"Alpha raptor", pattern A with the edgy dark red.
The even edgier pattern B is a solid black. I think E is, too, I couldn't tell a difference between that and B, so I'm just using one of them.

Pattern D is a beautiful fuchsia!
And pattern F is brown. I kind of think of all of the alpha skins as suitable for female raptors, but this one especially. Whether the Trespasser designs are male raptors isn't officially confirmed anyway, males just seem to be flashier when it comes to JP Velo sexual dimorphism, and birds in general (though not all of them). The "alpha raptor" in the game is a Utahraptor, though, so she doesn't have to follow Velociraptor colouring conventions. And neither do Velociraptors all the time, nature is full of exceptions to exceptions.

Some more mingling. A-D having a swim with C-A in the background.
Alpha-F, A-B, and B-A also join the pool party.
B-A, A-D, and C-B listening to an offscreen friend's story.
B-D and Alpha-A.
C-F and B-B.

 

And a peek back in the challenge park for some wet bandits.
(Alpha-D in the foreground in stormier lighting.)

No comments: