Tuesday, December 24, 2019

2019 art summary

Lots of raptors, cuddling and otherwise. Also ladies in love with ladies, and lady raptors in love and cuddling with lady raptors. A few cats. Sounds about right.

I didn't write nearly as much this year as the last one, apart from comics, but I'm still really happy with the one fanfic I did write. About raptors, of course. It went from a blog post wondering about what might have happened after Jurassic Park to writing a dramatization of said wonderings, to liking the characters enough I've drawn them a bunch of times and by the end of the year made custom toy figures of them.

I'm also really happy about how much I've learned this year about actual raptors outside Jurassic Park/World, from real life science on deinonychosaurs to how to draw them feathered and otherwise more accurate, and also learning more about present-day birds in general and avian raptors in particular. While the number of my scaly raptor OCs has increased quite a bit over the year, my first one has also gone from vaguely scaly-looking to fully feathered.

Blank template for the graphic is by yorunaka at deviantart

No comments: