Whirlwind is getting nice and brown, and has left the lantern only to sit in my brush holder instead, as she and her legs are yet to reunite. I put them back on temporarily, though, just to check that the putty on her neck didn't make her too front-heavy to stand (being heavier than the plastic is, though still pretty light), which it turns out it didn't. I think I'll keep them separate until she's at least almost done. The patterns in that area should turn out neater that way.
She's got ~1½-2 coats of the light brown paint I used for the base colour of the JP1 raptor babies, but the base colour I want her to have is a little darker and brighter. This paint is just more opaque and easier to cover up the green with than jumping straight to that colour would have been.
The tail does still move, but I prefer it in this position, so if the next coat makes the paint thick enough it won't anymore, that's not a big loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment