Saturday, December 14, 2019

Showing up to the repainting 15 minutes late with raptor beverage

The last one of the figures I'm painting into my raptor OC pack (led by one (1) technically-canon character) has arrived. The Papo raptor figure is kind of ubiquitous, but I didn't have one before, and it does match the JP/W figures well in size and proportions.

I'm not a big fan of the tripod pose, though to be fair the tip of the tail doesn't quite touch the ground and the figure does actually stand just on the two legs. The raptor OC I'm making this one into is Triptail, so perhaps she is in the process of living up to her name and tripping someone up with her tail. That at least is her preferred meaning for her name, but she has also been known to perform feats of clumsiness on par with tripping on one's own tail (which a raptor would probably not be able to do very easily, theropod tails are not that floppy).

The face is nice, but I think she kind of has the opposite problem from her sister Whirlwind, whom I just finished making from that Fujimi kit. The eyes are small compared to the JP/W figures. We'll see if I'll do something about that. I'm already going to paint over her eyes anyway, since the character has green eyes.

(Yes, that is the same figure, just at a window mostly illuminated by the limited natural light Finland gets in December, and under a lamp, respectively.)

No comments: