Don't know if I've let it show but it's been a hard year to get through, so I'm just glad to get to the end of it, not that a change of date magically changes the reasons.
[content warning: pet death, pet neglect, sad and depressing post because I'm sad and depressed, but figured I'd write it anyway]
Despite all the good things that have happened, too, art-related and otherwise, it's probably going to be a while before I can think back on this year as anything other than the year I lost one of the best things I've had in my life for the past 15 years. I knew from the beginning of the year my dear old kitty wasn't going to have long left, and the year's pretty much been half dealing with knowing I'm going to have to say goodbye to her and half dealing with having had to do so. I adopted her as a tiny, kind of sickly kitten no one else wanted, and I like to think she got to have a good life despite those odds.
For better or for worse I wasn't petless for long, it turns out, since right in time for the holidays my brother decided to just up and abandon his poor cat, so, suddenly, Masu is mine. I'm really not ready to have a cat again right now, but I love her, and she deserves to have someone love her.
She's an absolute sweetheart, and I'm going to spoil her so much.
I don't know what to expect of 2020, and I may be very far from fine, but there's not much I can do about that except live to see better times.
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment