Some more screenshots of
newborn E15.
Showing off teeny tiny tongue barbs!
And gravity.
And more of meeting dad. These screenshots are from around the same time as the last one in the previous post.
The 15s. I think I'll be calling M15 mostly just M to avoid confusion. The eaglets at this nest are referred to by the number indicating where they fit in the order of eaglets hatched in this nest during the time it's been under observation, plus E for "eaglet", and E15 happens to be the 15th one. The name M15 still goes by actually just stands for "male 2015", which is the year he turned up at the nest and became Harriet's new mate. It's as good as any, I doubt he minds.
M checked to see if E15 wanted food, and tried to offer some, but since Harriet had just fed the baby he quickly went to brood the baby and egg instead.
A few hours later: E15 pecking at nesting material, and a view of the pip on egg #4.
No comments:
Post a Comment