Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Broad strokes

Progress on the raptor trio.

Treeclimber and Swiftdive are mostly getting an even-ish coat of paint to cover up the epoxy putty, and then I'll paint their actual colours on top of that. Also some red to the inside of the mouth. I'll tidy that up later.

And Leader is also getting a base coat of light brown before I'll go over that with her actual shade of light brown. This one is more opaque, and also cheaper. Can you tell I like to hold her by the feet and the other two by their tails as I paint them? I figure the other two's tails will be easier to leave for last, as the bases' plant chaos won't get in the way of that, and I might do that when they can already stand on their own. For now they need something for support, and as Skyefigure already showed, this bowl is quite conveniently shaped and sized for holding unsteady raptors.

Like when painting Echo, who started out green, the inside of Leader's mouth also needed some more pink, though the grey gums wouldn't stand out quite as badly as green ones.

I also did some pedicuring on all three, with the pegs on the model kit raptors' feet getting cut shorter to better fit in the bases, and Leader had the same tilted feet problem as my Attack Pack Blue, though not quite as bad. I put some epoxy putty under one foot to make her stand a bit steadier.

Swift is starting to be ready for her true colours.
And we'll be de-brightening that white a bit, too.

No comments: