Swiftdive has the first coat of paint on her patterns. Except on the tail, which is still mostly unpainted, but we'll get to that later.
Whirlwind and Triptail hanging around as colour reference for their mom. She looked a bit too light in comparison, so I gave her a dark wash.
Leader also has her base colour changed. Maybe done? So tidying up the underbelly colour next.
And Treeclimber has gotten another coat of orange. May or may not still need one more.I feel like Swiftdive probably ended up with a name that doesn't make a whole lot of sense outside my head. She's named for her quick reflexes, and speed and darting movements when hunting, and I guess I was thinking of avian raptors' hunting tactics of diving down from the sky, despite looking for a name for a flightless birb. Basically the word that would have been more appropriate is "lunge", but I liked "dive" better phonetically (mostly because with my pronounciation "lunge" just sounds like "lunch", and she's not fast food, lol).
I'm at peace with the kind of weird name, though, and I think it fits in with the rest. I've babbled about the raptors' names a bit before, but the common theme across all of them is that they're meaningful and descriptive in the raptors' frame of reference, despite being perhaps a little bit goofy from a human's point of view.





No comments:
Post a Comment