The Cornell Red-tailed hawk chicks are starting to each have a full juvenile plumage.
Left to right: K-3, K-1, K-2. The youngest, K-3, is still missing a few accessories in their outfit, but will soon catch up. K-1 has a bit of down still showing near their beak and K-2 on top of their head.Same setup seen from the other end of the platform.
A closeup of K-2 exploring the edges of the platform and watching the world around it. Logically I know birds don't have the facial muscles for changing their expression much and this is probably not something they would have an opinion on even if they could show it on their face, but they don't look very approving of what they see.
K-1 in the foreground looking very fancy with their feather cravat.
K-2 taking in the view some more, and testing the viewers' fear of heights.
Wingercizing! I think this is K-1. Big wings getting closer each day to fledging.
K-1 in the morning sunlight.
K-1 and K-3 keeping an eye on something apparently interesting (I think mom was perching nearby), K-2 taking a nap in the background.K-1 in the foreground looking very fancy with their feather cravat.
K-2 taking in the view some more, and testing the viewers' fear of heights.
Wingercizing! I think this is K-1. Big wings getting closer each day to fledging.








No comments:
Post a Comment