Finishing the customization of that TLW raptor figure for which I recently sculpted a new lower jaw.
Starting with painting red the grey epoxy putty showing inside the mouth.Then painting off-white the putty on the outside, and evening out the colour on the polymer clay bits, too.
Drybrushing back some of that mint green to make the colour shift gradual.
And then onto properly changing the facial markings. I mixed an orange with white in it for opacity, and covered up the black areas I wanted to change into orange. After that had dried I went over the orange areas with a colour mixed without white, to get a shade matching the figure's plastic.
Serene has three scars on his right leg. I cut some shallow scratches for the scars first, then painted them.I also painted black the mechanisms showing at the back of the head. Serene on the left, unaltered TLW figure (Dare without photomanips) on the right for comparison. Serene's figure had a bigger gap there, too, so it was more noticeable to the point of bothering me. Now it should blend in.
This photo also shows the changes I made to the markings at the top of the head and back of the neck.
I added a bit of subtle shading to the orange under the brows and inside the nostrils, and painted the underbelly colour and stripes to match the markings in Serene's design. I also repainted the claws, which had paint worn off at every tip.Serene is now ready to go join his family on the raptor shelf, while waiting for a photoshoot to properly show him off. I'd like to make Singer and Beetlebiter's figures part of a set with him, though, so that'll be after they're done, and they're still at planning stage. Hopefully I can get started on them soon.










No comments:
Post a Comment