Monday, August 2, 2021

Newly hatched sea-eaglets

This year's clutch has recently hatched at the Sydney White-bellied Sea-eagle cam. Older chick SE27 hatched on July 29th, and younger chick SE28 on July 31st. (Warning for a couple of peeks at bloody fish in the screenshots.)

SE28 on the left and SE27 on the right, I believe, going by level of wobbliness. SE28's egg shell is still in the nest.


A feeding.
And a brooding.
Dad bringing food. And Dad is indeed the only name the male at this nest has - as I recall he had a previous mate who was similarly called Mom. The current female is called Lady.

Lady patiently feeds the bobbleheads while they try to master the art of holding their head up and facing the right direction.

Back to brooding.
Dad brings supper, and we get another peek at the eaglets, who at this young spend nearly all their time either sleeping under a parent or eating.

They're all so pretty!
(>v<) (- v -)
Tucked under Lady for the night.
Morning sun.
And breakfast. The little ones are a bit better at it already.
Chicks peeking out from under a parent is always so cute.


I thought this little instance of beaks clicking together might result in a bonk, but so far I haven't spotted any.

1 comment:

FurkiReyizler said...

*Sees the eagle*
*Recognizes*
*Leonardo DiCaprio pinger pointing*