Anyway, onto the next mission, making a Spinoraptor. I actually restarted the mission once, after learning I won't be able to transport her to the enclosure I made for her with an airlift, so before releasing her this time, I made some arrangements.
A sturdy "cattle corridor" from the incubation lab to the enclosure, to which I hoped she'll be lured by sensing there's water and feeders there. Also, another trapped ranger team for just in case. They're behind a gate so the dinos won't attack them, because they consider a gate closed even when it opens automatically when a ranger team is near, which is good to know, lol.
Now, for those dinosaurs that have to take the Spinoraptor down... Yes, looks like I can't keep her and will have to let something kill her. I though of a T. rex, I mean that should be strong enough, but I remembered how the Ceratosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Giganotosaurus didn't even get to touch the Stegoceratops, so maybe another quick-striking hybrid instead. Well, I wasn't going to make one of these outside sandbox, because it just feels like a bad idea, but fuck it -
- let's just throw an Indoraptor at the problem. How ironic that I have now resorted to using one as a living weapon.
A sturdy "cattle corridor" from the incubation lab to the enclosure, to which I hoped she'll be lured by sensing there's water and feeders there. Also, another trapped ranger team for just in case. They're behind a gate so the dinos won't attack them, because they consider a gate closed even when it opens automatically when a ranger team is near, which is good to know, lol.
Now, for those dinosaurs that have to take the Spinoraptor down... Yes, looks like I can't keep her and will have to let something kill her. I though of a T. rex, I mean that should be strong enough, but I remembered how the Ceratosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Giganotosaurus didn't even get to touch the Stegoceratops, so maybe another quick-striking hybrid instead. Well, I wasn't going to make one of these outside sandbox, because it just feels like a bad idea, but fuck it -
- let's just throw an Indoraptor at the problem. How ironic that I have now resorted to using one as a living weapon.
Now already knowing I'd have to do this, I incubated the Indo before releasing the Spinoraptor, and released them one after the other. They didn't fight yet, and both sprinted towards the enclosure's greener pastures, so the ranger team had to pursue.
The battle was eventually fought in two rounds after both of these unfortunate Velociraptor hybrids had first fueled up on food and water. I'd given the Spinoraptor a solitary modification, so she didn't get lonely, and they were sadly both pretty content at the enclosure before inevitably running into each other. I don't think I would have really needed to give the Indoraptor the one health boost she got, she was modified to be stronger anyway, but maybe it sped up getting this resolved, as the Spinoraptor ran away at the end of round one to lick her wounds, but the Indo didn't go out of her way to avoid another confrontation since she got back to full health sooner. Sorry, Spinoraptor, this was all very unfair to you.Now let's get the rangers out of here, but first, a quick photo...
But what to do about the Indoraptor? Turns out when left alone... she was pretty happy to just be.
So I kept her. Just this one, though, absolutely no more Indoraptors after this.
I mean this seems like a bad idea, too, but that's clearly the kind of ideas we're here to make reality.
Another Spinoraptor, too, why not! \o/ I like the colouring, though.
An interesting little detail about the Indominus, when decorating her enclosure to her liking - I was surprised at how few trees she wanted there. It's mostly just open space! Maybe that's a factor in why the movie one didn't like her paddock? She wants a lot of room to sprint in! Also maybe what attracted her to the plain she found the Apatosaurus at, since it obviously wasn't hunger?
I didn't get to keep these gals, either, and I had to have them kill even more poor dinos for a combat infamy rating. I fed them each four Stegosaurus (battle-related stats unmodified, a few other modifications to raise their ratings in case that helps give the winner more points per battle and means fewer dead Stegos). The Spinoraptor needed some assistance to not get killed in her fights but got the job done, the Indominus brushed off a few thagomizerings like it was nothing... and the Indoraptor destroyed each Stego in two bites without getting a scratch. See why I'm wary of having them around?
I didn't get to keep these gals, either, and I had to have them kill even more poor dinos for a combat infamy rating. I fed them each four Stegosaurus (battle-related stats unmodified, a few other modifications to raise their ratings in case that helps give the winner more points per battle and means fewer dead Stegos). The Spinoraptor needed some assistance to not get killed in her fights but got the job done, the Indominus brushed off a few thagomizerings like it was nothing... and the Indoraptor destroyed each Stego in two bites without getting a scratch. See why I'm wary of having them around?
A cozy nap with a snack and a nightlight.
Where'd they go? You close your eyes for a moment and all your stuff gets stolen from under you!
With all the missions finally done, all that was left was getting to five stars, and so I started repurposing the enclosures I'd made for this last mission. By now my retired Indoraptor was getting old (I hadn't planned to keep her, so she had no longevity modifications), so I didn't want to move her, and just let her live out the rest of her days where she was. And, well, she'd been such an angel, and this map doesn't seem to get storms...
With all the missions finally done, all that was left was getting to five stars, and so I started repurposing the enclosures I'd made for this last mission. By now my retired Indoraptor was getting old (I hadn't planned to keep her, so she had no longevity modifications), so I didn't want to move her, and just let her live out the rest of her days where she was. And, well, she'd been such an angel, and this map doesn't seem to get storms...
Let's have another! No, let's have two!
The solo Indoraptor I'd named Galaxy. These two are Quasar and Pulsar.
The solo Indoraptor I'd named Galaxy. These two are Quasar and Pulsar.
Sharp ladies enjoying a good yell in a puddle together. Important raptor activity.
Yelling together outside puddle also important.





















No comments:
Post a Comment