Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Herding dinos


You've already broken the fence right next to the spot you're still headbutting. You could just use that, you know...

Advice not welcome, got it! 

I used the same "high security" enclosure tactic at this Isla Muerta challenge mode park, and it still worked pretty well on the hard difficulty level, too. But this one time when I thought I'd already contained and calmed down the T. rex and Deinonychus, whose fence damage had been entirely due to storms dropping their comfort level and making them headbutty for a while, and I'd moved to a different part of the park to repair fences broken by a twister, when I checked back, the Deinos had suddenly broken into the Rex paddock!

The little bastards were just chatting there and eating from the Rex's feeder with no care in the world, and the Rex was luckily on the other side of the paddock and hadn't noticed. I quickly built a fence between them, and hoped the Deinos would run back to their own paddock before the Rex started getting uncomfy again from not having enough space. To speed that up I built the fence closer to the Deinos every time they moved in the right direction, so they wouldn't backtrack, and the Rex got her grassland quota back sooner. Not that the Deinos were very cooperative, apparently they'd really liked the T. rex paddock.
Now they're just sleeping there right next to the fence, are you kidding me? Just get up and go home already. :D
It did eventually work though, and I had some other successes, too, with moving dinosaurs without having to tranquilize them. I figure getting chased by the ACU chopper would be pretty stressful, so I avoided that where I could. Here's dividing my starter enclosure (the upper rectangle) into two and expanding each half to the edge of the buildable area, to create a separate enclosure on the left for Triceratops and later other ceratopsians, too. The final result was about 50/50, here I've just rounded up the Trikes to start herding them towards the left half.


I also moved two Polacanthus, so I could put in their old enclosure (on the left) other dinos they wouldn't have liked cohabiting with, and the enclosure I wanted to move them to was just across the street, so I decided to do that without the ACU, too. Sorry, guests, the road's temporarily cut off. Dinosaur crossing!

Ooh, it's working!
Yes, sprint to the only water source on this side of the fence. Just a little further. Good dino!

Happily moved in with the other pinecones (a Nodosaurus and two Chrictonsaurus).

I really like Muttaburrasaurus, they're so fun to look at with their colours and stripes.

No comments: