Originally posted to tumblr on February 3 2017. Reposted here for archiving of posts I want to keep.
If you follow the path further to the Sundermount summit than Merrill’s recruitment quest and other possible visits require, you find the cave that will later in the game be revealed to be the place Audacity, the demon/spirit Merrill has been consulting, is bound in. You can’t go in the cave, though, as the entrance is sealed by a magical barrier, looking much like the barrier Merrill opens with blood magic just before the graveyard. This is in Act 1.
So… I went to check the place first thing in Act 2. I’ve done no quests or stopped to talk to anyone I could avoid, just sprinted up the mountain path. And it looks like the cave has not been left alone in the past 3 years.
There’s an empty cart blocking the mouth of the cave now, but the barrier is gone.
If you follow the path further to the Sundermount summit than Merrill’s recruitment quest and other possible visits require, you find the cave that will later in the game be revealed to be the place Audacity, the demon/spirit Merrill has been consulting, is bound in. You can’t go in the cave, though, as the entrance is sealed by a magical barrier, looking much like the barrier Merrill opens with blood magic just before the graveyard. This is in Act 1.
So… I went to check the place first thing in Act 2. I’ve done no quests or stopped to talk to anyone I could avoid, just sprinted up the mountain path. And it looks like the cave has not been left alone in the past 3 years.
There’s an empty cart blocking the mouth of the cave now, but the barrier is gone.



No comments:
Post a Comment