Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Securing

A little something I'm working on at one end of an Isla Tacaño challenge mode park. An area separate from the rest of the park, accessible to guests via monorail, and housing carnivores I consider to need some extra security measures. The plan was Deinonychus and Velociraptor, but the dig team brought so many T. rex samples while digging for something else, that I changed that to T. rex and Velociraptor, still fitting the description of needing more security. Though it may end up being T. rex and Deinonychus, since I haven't gotten around to installing any mods, and frankly the Deinos just are more fun to look at than the basegame Velos.

But this should work, right? I'm playing on medium difficulty, and we've had storms that cause structure damage, but only to buildings, and there have been no twisters at all even though I've been playing for long enough that this is the last area I still hadn't built in. The extra security measures are needed because these particular dinos seem to be easily upset by storms, though, and may want to break out. But that's what the perimeter fence is for.

First storm alert after I'd incubated the rex and gotten her settled in - here we go:

Ah. Of course.
If you say so, George. (I guess I passively completed some contract right this moment.)
Yes, of course it's the enclosure the rex is in. :)
"Don't mind us just quietly resupplying your feeder back here~"

I contained the broken fences by quickly building around them, and called a ranger team over with a resupply request because I wasn't sure if they could access the broken fences, and I wanted them to be already on their way while I figure out gates or something for them.

Anemone (yes, I name all my T. rexes after flowers) did break that fence she was headbutting, though, and spent some time wandering around in the space between that and the perimeter fence. The storm passed, she calmed down...

...and then she walked back through the gap she'd made when she got thirsty. She spent an annoyingly long time standing right in the gap, though, lol. Please, ma'am, we've got other things to go fix, too.

My handling the situation was quite a bit more panicky than I make it sound, but yeah, this seems like it could work. I'll need to make sure the rex and raptors stay away from each other, though, if they both end up breaking into the inbetween space.

Unrelatedly, my cute Ankylosaurus pair:
Pine (the slightly greener one) and Cone.

No comments: