Monday, April 18, 2022

Housing a Spino

Oh, the indignity.
I love that she catches the fishes in the fish feeder by holding her jaws in the water and snapping when a fish swims between them.
But what could go wrong?
Nothing much did immediately. The twister broke her fence and she escaped, but I'd put her enclosure far away from where I'd built stuff so far, so no people were in danger. She did kill one of the Stegos I hadn't captured yet before I caught her, though. Sad for the Stego, but hunting and being hunted is how the dinos had been living on the island before we showed up again, so it's business as usual for them and still not a disaster. But, it also made them one short in their minimum social group and thus very upset. I captured the Stegos and topped up their group with one from the Stegos I already had, which could afford to lose a herdmate, but it took a while to get them to calm down and time everyone's transport so there were enough Stegos in the enclosure at the same time and they stopped trying to break out. They did break out once, and ran into the built area, and so it was the herbivores who got to finally rampage among the tourists. :D Somehow no one got trampled.
This seems safe.

No comments: