Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The answer may not surprise you

My Jurassic World Evolution park finally had its very first guest death!

Guess what dinosaur did it.

Guess.

They should all be destroyed (affectionate).

It totally was my bad, though (that's how I'll start my official letter of condolences to the guest's family). I made a new pack (ladies Ramona, Ripsa, and Rosmariini here) on Isla Matanceros, because I needed something to put in this enclosure, and figured raptors would be fun, because this is the starter island, no twisters, no missions that require you to make dinos want to break their fences. It'll be safe, it'll be fine.

I built a secure-looking enclosure with this fancier fence I'd unlocked since leaving the island, I checked they have everything they need and can be happy there, I incubated the birbs and flew them over... and after they'd had a snack and a drink, and a little roam, suddenly I get a danger to guests alert.

I'd left one small gap in the fence where I'd looped around to where I started, and didn't notice that instead of snapping to the beginning, the end fence pole went just a little to the side of it. Good job, girls, you found the weakness and wasted no time. I can't even be mad at them, this is what they do.

Also I guess good job, me, since I caught them before they killed any more than that one guest.

Really, though, what an authentic running Jurassic Park moment - clearly I am not immune to underestimating the raptors and thinking I have things under control. :D

No comments: