The West End Bald eagle nestcam came back online yesterday, and I'm happy to see all three eaglets safely in the nest. There was concern the day before as one of the eaglets seemed to have disappeared sometime during the day. I'm still not sure whether things just looked that way, or if one of them (as I've understood, the youngest chick WE3) did fall out of the nest and was returned there, but I'm sure there'll be some official post about it later to clarify.
ETA: WE3 did fall, or slide at least, and Dr. Sharpe from IWS returned it to the nest. Very fortunate that he was already going to the island that day to fix the nestcam, and so WE3 didn't have to wait for rescue for long, and that WE3 hadn't been injured.
ETA2: In case the link to the post gets lost, since it's a chat message, here's a screenshot:
WE3 on the left by itself, WE1 farthest from the camera, and WE2 in front of WE1. They have all grown so much! And their feathers have, too. WE3 turned five weeks old yesterday.
Later dad brings a fish. It's not the biggest, but WE3 gets all of it. Mom is back on the tor, guarding.
WE2 front, WE3 left and WE1 right behind it.















No comments:
Post a Comment